Topics & learning Questions
Access to Formal Finance
- What is the demand for formal financial services by Savings Groups and their members?
- What are the characteristics of the supply of formal financial services to Savings Groups - including scale, products, services, partnerships and delivery channels?
- What are the key components of a successful strategy to expand access to formal finance by Savings Groups and their members?
- What are the main risk factors that have the potential to cause harm to Savings Groups and their members?
- What are the components of an effective consumer protection regime for Savings Groups?
- Are Savings Groups an appropriate approach for financial inclusion in fragile markets?
- What adaptations in strategy, approaches, methodology and tools are required to introduce and expand Savings Group programming in fragile markets?
- How - and to what extent - do Savings Groups contribute to women's economic empowerment?
- How - and to what extent - do Savings Groups transform gender norms and contribute to gender equality?
- What is the long-term financial and institutional performance of Savings Groups?
- What is the individual, household and community-level impact of Savings Groups?
- To what extent do Savings Groups reach vulnerable populations, and what are the drivers and barriers for inclusion?
- What strategies can increase and improve the outreach of Savings Groups to more vulnerable populations?
Market Systems Approach
- What are the components and investment strategies of an effective market systems approach to Savings Groups?
- How is a market systems approach being applied to Savings Groups and to what effect?
- What tools and technologies are available to Savings Groups and the agencies that engage with them?
- What are the factors and considerations for adoption?